I’m not the most organised person, or the most efficient or hardest working. But I do manage to mostly keep my blog on track, I did miss some posts over the last few weeks because I just wasn’t feeling it. That was more of a conscious decision not to post though rather than me not being organised enough! I’m currently on my way to London for 5 days and shortly afterwards I’m heading to the Lake District for a week so I’ve needed to get everything organised in advance so I can enjoy my holidays! These are the things I use to keep me up to date.
- iCalendar – This is one of my most used things, I don’t know what I would do without it. Funnily enough, it was when I got my macbook and started using it that I started posting more often and more consistently. I put all of my blog posts into my calendar (as well as all other life things) for the upcoming month so that I know what I’m posting and when. I do of course sometimes have gaps that I fill in last minute and I jiggle things around but it’s great to have at least a guide.
- Notes App – I’ve tried a lot of note making apps and I by far like the standard iPhone one best. It just does what you need it to do. I use it for lots of things like keeping a list of blog post ideas, things that I need to copy and paste often like my blog url and most used hashtags.
- Reminders App – I apologise that so far these are all Apple features but they’re so darn good and particularly so because they sync between my laptop and phone. I use this to keep track of twitter chats, photos I have for instagram, my monthly favourites, etc. An alternative for non apple users is Asana, I used this for a little while but found the app a little slow to load but it does basically what all 3 of these apps do.
- Latergramme – If I know I won’t get a chance to think about instagram on certain days then I schedule posts using this. It also fab because you can upload photos straight from your laptop and it will sync with the app on your phone.
- Hootsuite – I think most people have at least heard of scheduling tweets and this is what I use for that. I must admit I go through phases of remembering and forgetting to tweet but this is handy for the times I remember and want to space them out!
- A Whiteboard – Something that isn’t an app! I have a whiteboard hanging in my room that I use to write down what I need to do each day. You could use one of those fancy organisational calendars but I find this works fine for me and I’m one those people who gets worried about messing up nice things with their handwriting. Sometimes I will write it in a notepad instead, whatever works for you! I just find it helps me to have this written in physical form instead of in my notes or reminders because then I can look at it without getting distracted by other things on my phone or laptop.
Steph from Cocochic also has some fab tips in this blog post, so make sure you check that out!
Let me know if you find this helpful at all and I would love to know if you have any further tips! I also have another post on organisation tips and tricks so make sure you check that out!
Want to read more? Follow me on Bloglovin to catch all my latest posts and discover old ones!